[Olsr-dev] "Secure" Mesh networks

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 9 07:56:04 CET 2010

On Tue February 9 2010 01:16:14 John Barrett wrote:
> OK -- just looked over that code -- and its getting close :)
>
> I think I have everything in place to flash a couple of routers -- I'll
> make sure I get the secure module in the build and see if it still works
> as is, then probably base my work off that code :)
Just a warning about the "secure" plugin. The only thing it does it to use a
shared secret to calculate a hash value and put it into each packet (plus a
timestamp against replay attacks). You can get more security by just
encrypting your Layer 2 with a symmetric key (not WEP because it's broken).

I think that WPA supplicant should support some static shared key for WPA(2)
in linux, but I'm not sure.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE