[Olsr-dev] BUG report IPv6 interface change not detected

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 22 17:36:51 CEST 2010

Am Dienstag 20 April 2010 10:21:11 schrieb ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto):
> > I can reproduce this bug...
> >
> > please fix it
>
> Well, I told Gioacchino to post here, but he has been a little "short"
> in his description :)
I have just pushed a small fix for a segfault I found happening in the
interface removal code, maybe you two can test the code again ?

> He also noticed that if you have two IPv6 addresses configured on the
> same interface, OLSR picks at random one of the two addresses and
> there is no way to specify which one you want to use as the main
> address.
Yes, there is (in the tip-stable, which will become 0.6.0). There is an
interface parameter called IPv6Src.

# IPv6 src prefix. OLSRd will choose one of the interface IPs
# which matches the prefix of this parameter.
# (default is 0::/0, which triggers the usage
# of a not-linklocal interface IP)

# IPv6Src 0::/0

> Are we using a bug tracker with tickets or we rely only on the mailing
> list for bugs ?
I pushed this away a week every week. Maybe I can see to finally set up a good
bug tracker at the weekend.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.
— The Laws of Thermodynamics, summarized