[Olsr-dev] Final patch for 0.5.6-r6 has been committed

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Sep 20 09:16:59 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

the final patch planned for 0.5.6-r6 has been committed to the repository last
night. The linux routing code now contains an additional netlink listener that
detects interfaces going down and corrects OLSRds internal datastructures.

This is importent to prevent a bug which happens if an interface goes down and
up before OLSRd can poll it's status again. If this happened before this
patch, OLSR would not notice, but the kernel would still have killed all
routes on this interface.

Unless we find a bug during the next week this might be the final code for
0.5.6-r6, so I hope we can release it next week.

Henning Rogge