[Olsr-dev] building olsrd as OpenWRT package

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Sep 15 17:50:02 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag 15 September 2009 16:22:44 schrieb Jo-Philipp Wich:
> (I accidentially wrote my response as pm yet again - sorry.
> Posting copy to the list)
>
> Hi.
>
> That's certainly an improvement but does not really help in the case of
> OpenWrt. Instead of generating the native configuration syntax from uci
> we would end up generating telnet commands from uci, not really an
> improvement from the init script complexity point of view.
I'm in contact with Felix from openwrt and we plan to do a UCI integration.
The idea is that you tell OLSRd via telnet "this is a UCI delta file for your
configuration, apply if" and OLSRd does the rest.

I hope we will get it done this year... lot's of things to do, not many
developers. And UCI is not high on our priority list.