[Olsr-dev] More information about problems with same IPs on multiple interfaces

Mitar (spam-protected)
Sun Sep 13 17:34:11 CEST 2009

Hi!

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> My question is, do we really need this ? We hope that future Freifunk OLSR
> networks will only need ONE public IP for the whole node, which can be reached
> through all of it's interfaces. With this it would be easier to choose
> different IPs for the interfaces itself, with IPv6 we could just use
> autogenerated linklocal-IPs.

I have two questions regarding this:

- do we have equivalent to source-ip patch for other operating systems?
- is nice transition from source-ip less network to source-ip enabled
network possible (so that networks which currently use same IP on
multiple interfaces can gradually transit to using only one originator
IP and link-local IPs for each interface)

(I am assuming here that transition to extended HELLO message is
possible so that current OLSR implementations would just ignore
additional parameter in HELLO message. In this way this extended HELLO
message would allow them to have a different solution.)

Mitar