[Olsr-dev] LinkQualityMult problems in 0.5.6-r5

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Sep 13 10:25:37 CEST 2009

Am Sonntag 13 September 2009 10:03:01 schrieb Mitar:
> Hi!
>
> > We have a working patch that every node only has one "routable" IP, so
> > you can (most times) just use IPv6 linklocal IPs for your interfaces. The
> > only IPs propagated beyond your neighborhood will be your "global" IP and
> > your attached networks (HNAs).
>
> And how stable is this patch?
I think it's pretty stable Markus Kittenberg has used it for months in the
Vienna Funkfeuer network for his overlay testing network.

> Would you recommend using it for a deployment?
I think it's ready for deployment, especially if you want to built a new
network. All nodes should have the sourceip mode active.

If you want to do a deployment with it we would be glad to support you. What
kind of deployment do you have in mind ?

> Where can we get it?
It's already in the 0.5.6 tip. In the file src/olsr_cfg.h you have to set
#define SOURCE_IP_ROUTES 1
in line 49. That's all.

The next stable OLSRd will have it as a config parameter setting.

> For IPv4 we could probably use IPv4 link-local 169.254.0.0/16 range?
Yes, just make sure that you don't have the same interface IP within two-hop
range.

Henning Rogge