[Olsr-dev] LinkQualityMult problems in 0.5.6-r5

Mitar (spam-protected)
Sat Sep 5 14:44:30 CEST 2009

Hi!

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Henning Rogge<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> a premultiplied value should be in there to make sure that everyone is using
> the same "cost" for a link. If you don't guarantee this on the network you get
> stable routing loops... lot's of them.

I understand. In fact it is the same thing: use premultiplied value or
not if you send multiplicand together it is possible to get one or
other value from it.

> My idea was NOT to fight this with tech, just give the people the tools to
> detect what's happening in the network and let layer-8 (the people !) deal
> with it off the net.

Yes, it is necessary to see what is realy link quality and what is
link quality people would like to be used for routing. But you can
still just change source code of your OLSR and hide it there.

Mitar