[Olsr-dev] LinkQualityMult problems in 0.5.6-r5

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Sep 5 14:15:42 CEST 2009

Am Samstag 05 September 2009 14:12:54 schrieb Jernej Kos:

> > Hmm... the local interface IP should be as unique as the interface name.
>
> As said above multiple interfaces have the same IP address. I have also
>  found a previous discussion around this issue:
>
>   http://lists.olsr.org/pipermail/olsr-dev/2008-April/001869.html
Multiple interfaces with the same IP is a problem. Not only for lqmult but
sometimes even for the ETX calculation. That's because OLSR cannot tell the
different LQ/NLQ pairs appart if you have a lot of interfaces with the same
IP.

I hope we can make everyone stopping this when Markus "source-ip" Patch will
be introduced with the next version of OLSR.