[Olsr-dev] LinkQualityMult problems in 0.5.6-r5

Mitar (spam-protected)
Sat Sep 5 12:53:59 CEST 2009

Hi!

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Henning Rogge<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> What we need is a better routing metric that detects that some links are
> better or worse than others. If we can make OLSR detecting speed, lossrate and
> similar stuff and put it into the metric there is no need for large scale
> lqmult-horror.

But there are so many metrics which could be used. Like link cost. Or
CPU, memory, bandwidth load on some node which would you would like to
keep low. Or you would like that some period of a day one routes are
preferred and during some other period some other routes are
preferred.

> The option to say "emergency link, don't use unless necessary" might be still
> useful of course.

Please do not do it 0 or 1 (use or not only if there are no other
routes) or at least possible to define when you think it is necessary.

Mitar