[Olsr-dev] LinkQualityMult problems in 0.5.6-r5

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Sep 5 12:42:44 CEST 2009

Am Samstag 05 September 2009 12:34:02 schrieb Daniel Nitzpon:
> Henning Rogge schrieb:
> > I'm not sure if I like this approach... maybe an additional flag for
> > interfaces (backup-if) would be better. LQ-Multiplier is used for MANY
> > horrible things ^^
>
> Pleeaase keep it. Imho it's the only approach that is flexible enough to
> react to all the crazy usage scenarios people will always keep inventing
> (vpn, cable/fibre links, backbone links, layer2 bidges, ...) which can
> also be *really* useful from time to time...
What we need is a better routing metric that detects that some links are
better or worse than others. If we can make OLSR detecting speed, lossrate and
similar stuff and put it into the metric there is no need for large scale
lqmult-horror.

The option to say "emergency link, don't use unless necessary" might be still
useful of course.