[Olsr-dev] mtu problem with multicast ipv6 packets

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Mon Mar 23 20:15:45 CET 2009

> Doing multicast and let the kernel handle the traffic (so that OLSR does only
> need to initialize/update the multicast routes/trees).

Yes but, what you want to do for creating the spanning tree ??

Have you got already some smarter idea than PIM-DM or PIM-SM that
takes advantage of OLSR information ?

At the University of Tor Vergata in here Rome we developed OBAMP

https://netgroup.uniroma2.it/Andrea_Detti/obamp/   (theory)
https://svn.ninux.org/   (code)

it is an overlay multicast implementation that already works in Java.
Overlay meaning that even not all the nodes in the mesh run the OBAMP
software, the aware nodes create overlay links between them and then
run multicast over the overlay.

You know that Freifunk was considered for GSoC and one of the projects
is porting the OBAMP protocol (Overlay Multicast for MANET) from Java
to C and make an olsr plugin out of it ??

This may be interesting for many developers in the list.

If anybody wants more information can write to me privately. We can
also have a chance to talk about all this live at the wcw2009 in
Berlin !

Saverio