[Olsr-dev] OLSR autoconf plugin

OrazioPirataDelloSpazio (Lorenzo) (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 17 12:39:08 CET 2009

Hi there,
We are devolping an olsr autoconf plugin based on an active duplicate
address detection (the basic idea is taken from this internet draft: [1] ).
The code (still in its infancy) can be viewed here: [2] [3].

The basic idea is that each node must flood the network with the list
of  IP and netmask of all the HNA / OLSR interfaces it has. In the same
packet there is an unique id of the node (e.g. IPv6 address, random
128bit string).
If a node receives an OLSR message with an unique id MINOR than its own
one, but that contains some IP address that collide with one of its OLSR
interfaces / announced HNA, it must change its OLSR interface /
announced HNA.
In particular if a node must change an interface / HNA, it should modify
the configuration file (olsrd.conf) so that a "stable" network with some
nodes converges towards a right configuration (and do not collide at
each reboot).

My basic question is:

which is the better way to change an HNA or and olsr interface "run-time"?
Our "raw" solution is that the plugin call a bash script (passing some
parameters such as the IP address that must be changed). The script does:
-kill olsr daemon
-change olsrd.conf
-restart olsr daemon

Is there some other (maybe cleaner) way to do that (change configuration
on run-time and save it to the conf file / UCI script)?

Thanks,

Lorenzo

[1]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-laouiti-manet-olsr-address-autoconf-01#section-3.2
[2]https://svn.ninux.org/ninuxdeveloping/browser/packages/olsr-autconf/files