[Olsr-dev] olsrd mdns plugin for the impatients

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Mar 7 22:02:56 CET 2009

On Samstag 07 März 2009 21:51:10 you wrote:
> > Can you maybe skip the thread and just register your socket in the OLSR
> > parser? It will be a little bit slower, but multithreading can be a real
> > pain in the...
>
> Mmmhn. What I did was to follow the architecture of the Bmf plugin because:
>
>  * I assumed it was well done
>  * The mdns plugin has a very similar behaviour
Multithreading is bad on some embedded uclib versions.
Multithreading AND accessing OLSR data structures is worse.

You don't want to look through a lot of AVL trees which could change DURING
your tree traversal.

> I'd like to make things work first, and then go ahead with optimization.
>
> Of course if not needed I'll remove the therad as soon as possible :)
I would try to don't use multithreading.