[Olsr-dev] [OLSR-dev] OLSR for Windows Mobile platforms by Moviquity

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 15 11:14:32 CEST 2009

Am Wed July 15 2009 11:01:39 schrieb Victor Gras Valenti:
> Hello Henning,
>
> We discovered the same issue when testing... so, ok, we are going to check
> ETX, in order to compare it with the ideas we had. Thank you for your
> answer and the information.
The problem with hopcount metric is easy to explain. Hopcount metric based
routing tries to minimize the number of hops to the destination. This works
well in wired networks, but with mesh networks it tries to use links
connection stations far away. This links are typically lossy and unstable, so
you don't get a working mesh.

You can try to reduce this problem with better hysteresis (filtering links
with signalstrength & lossrate parameters), but this might split the net
because you don't propagate the only link (it was "too bad") connecting two
parts of a mesh cloud.

Henning Rogge

Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. M. Tacke (komm. Vors.), Prof. Dr. J. Ender (Stellv.)