[Olsr-dev] With medium/high traffic (using iperf) the wifi link turn off frequently (rate goes to 0Mb/s)

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 27 08:08:11 CET 2009

Am Friday 27 February 2009 02:46:39 schrieb Douglas Diniz:
> Hi, i'm using olsr with the following setup:
Which version of OLSR are you using ?

> [PC1] <----- ethernet -----> [T1] . . . . . . . . . wifi  . . . . . . .
> [T2] <----- ethernet -----> [PC2]
>
> where I have two wifi terminals (T1 and T2) connected in ad-hoc mode with
> olsr, and each one conected to a pc (Pc1 and PC2).
>
> I'm using the default settings in olsrd.conf.
Which one ?
(rfc, lq, lq-fisheye ?)

> When I create a iperf traffic between PC1 and PC2, the rate goes to 0Mb/s
> frequently for 3-10s. The interval between this stops aren't regular, but
> this happen about one times per minute (sometimes more frequently,
> sometimes less).
Can you run olsr in debug mode to see what LQ/NLQ/ETX values the link between
the OLSR instances have ?

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Maurus Tacke (komm. Vors.), Prof. Dr.-Ing.
Joachim Ender (Stellv.)