[Olsr-dev] Looking for developer feedback on olsrd.conf values

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 23 19:28:19 CET 2009

im not sure we have an implicit fisheye in general

only with line-like-toplogies there is somehow an implicit fisheye (as paket
loss probability of every hop multiplicates)

the denser the network the less effect does this packet loss have, (at least
as long as we have in fact no used/working mpr)

regards Markus

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Sven-Ola Tücke <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> also consider: there is some implicit fish eye already build in: the packet
> loss will sum up when flooding the LQTC's from node to node. For example:
> with
> an ETX value of > 10 to a distant node, only very few LQTCs will make it...

if a nodes best link ist that bad, than its imho nearly hopeless anyways *G

> Rule of thumb: Fish=On -> small LQ-Interval, Fish=Off -> longer LQ-Interval

btw what is an LQ-interval? (i assume TC-interval)

Markus