[Olsr-dev] Plugin

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Dec 19 11:56:16 CET 2009

Am Samstag 19 Dezember 2009 11:44:48 schrieb Jeetu Golani:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to write a custom plugin to extend olsrd and have come across
>  the following two documents:
>
> Olsrd plugin implementation HOWTO(a bit
> outdated)[html<http://www.olsr.org/docs/olsrd-plugin-howto.html>
> ][pdf <http://www.olsr.org/docs/olsrd-plugin-howto.pdf>]
> - INVALID FROM 0.4.10!
>
> The UniK OLSR plugin
> Interface<http://www.olsr.org/docs/olsr_plugin_paper.pdf>(PDF)To
> be presented at the OLSR interop workshop
> in San Diego, aug 6-7.A. Tønnesen, A. Hafslund and Ø. Kure.
>
> Both these documents seem to be outdated or insufficient. I would
>  appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

There are two plugin interfaces at the moment. The "current" one which we have
in the stable olsrd and a new one in the development tree (the development
version understands the old one too).

The easiest way to start writing a plugin is to copy the "mini" plugin and
look at the code. There are a number of named functions each plugin for the
stable version needs which are used as "callbacks" by the plugin loader.

Henning Rogge