[Olsr-dev] Link quality incorrect on 0.5.6-r5

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Aug 1 12:03:10 CEST 2009

Am Samstag 01 August 2009 00:13:03 schrieb Jernej Kos:
> Yes that's it, selecting etx_float does the trick. Thanks for clearing this
> up! So when using fpm calculations ETX can never be 1.0 ? This is not a big
> deal (we will actually still be using fpm since it should reduce cpu load),
> but can it be fixed ?
I will have a look at it, the most recents olsrd-stables should contain a
bugfix for this in FPM (0.5.6-r5 should be fine). It's a matter of routing
up/down.

But you really should try to use the "etx-ff" metric, it's much more stable in
large scale networks because it also use incoming TCs for detecting link
losses.