[Olsr-dev] OLSRv2 packetbb parser

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Sep 6 23:23:53 CEST 2008

> would be very cool if your concept (and the following implementation) becomes
> as generic as necessary to be easily reused also by other next-generation
> mesh protocols.
I will try to make the parser as generic as possible...

Some comments about the coding progress:

I worked on the packetbb reader today and decided to place a few
restrictions on the processors. At the moment any packet- and
message-TLV (but no address-tlv) can have ONE processor. This
processor can change any data AFTER the TLV in the bytestream, but it
cannot change anything before it and it cannot change the size of TLVs
!
Changing the size of the coming code is difficult because most times
the parser already read a size field of the whole TLV-block before it
parse the block itself.
All processors are attached to a TLV...

The code should be able to work with any kind of (fixed) address
length, but it's not designed to be threadsave.

At the moment the code compiles without errors/warnings, but I still
have to test it with some real data next week.

Henning Rogge

--
"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt