[Olsr-dev] upgrade 0.5.5 - 0.5.6-r2 with Segmentation fault

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Fri Oct 24 09:13:51 CEST 2008

patrick,

first of all - your debug tarball is really the kind of information
that developers need.

it looks like your nameservice plugin is older than 0.5.6-r2.
pls recompile it, reinstall them and do not forget to run ldconfig.

what is broken is that the callback for the parsing code for nameservice
messages is not the function that it ought to be.
it literally calls into "somewhere" in the name service code wher it
causes a segfault.

@bernd, can you add VERSION strings compiled in to the plugins as well,
such that it becomes transparent that the plugin and the daemon are differnt
versions. (revisions would be even better).

/hannes