[Olsr-dev] config parser

Felix Fietkau (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 28 20:26:57 CET 2008

Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 14:33 +0100, Alina Friedrichsen wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> > hmm wonder if we should include that patch since kamikaze is gaining
>> > popularity.
>
> "That patch" from March needs work because both of olsrd and libuci
> changed.
> But I don't think that going with 2 config-file syntax parsers is even
> remotely sexy in any way.
>
>> This patch would not be compatible with the current config in
>> Kamikaze, because it now make os specific things, to make the
>> configuration much easier for the user, that can't do the olsrd for
>> portability reasons in a clean way.
>
> Hmmm, which piece of software writes/generates that config file on
> Kamikaze?
> I assume there are hooks and/or other means to adapt to the config  file
> since usually the provisioning entity has to adapt to the provisioned
> device/software (and *not* vice versa).
The UCI config library contains a CLI as well which allows you to
update config files easily.
You can find both here as an external project:

http://nbd.name/gitweb.cgi?p=uci.git;a=summary
git://nbd.name/uci.git

I also made good progress on my ucimap addon. You can let it
automatically translate uci config sections into c data structures,
but I still need to write some docs for that (there is one example
file for it, though:
http://nbd.name/gitweb.cgi?p=uci.git;a=blob;f=ucimap-example.c;h=3fd3765ab2c92ba0cb8d5f8b6a531aaddd1e6940;hb=HEAD

With ucimap it should be really simple to make a noninvasive config
adapter for olsrd.

Please let me know if you need further info,

- Felix