[Olsr-dev] OLSRd 0.5.4 and 0.5.5 with ETT available

sebastian sauer (spam-protected)
Sat Nov 22 15:08:05 CET 2008

Fri 14 Nov 2008 14:50, Henning Rogge wrote:
> Am Friday 14 November 2008 13:15:13 schrieb Erik Tromp:
> > This is what I meant by "it is difficult to determine the "quality" based
> > on only these [L1/L2]metrics."
> You cannot predict the "real throughput" on a shared access medium, because it
> depends on random waiting times and the behaviour of all communication
> stations in jamming range (which is higher than communication range).
full ACK.

"and the behaviour of all communication stations in jamming range" also
pretty much influences the edges betwn. the nodes in the jamming range.

even more nasty than the famous "Braess paradox".

> Thats why ETT includes ETX... ETT measures airtime, not bandwith. If you set a
> "too high" fixed bandwith you will have packet loss, which will reduce the ETX
> part of the ETT metric.
ACK.

--
  ever tried. ever failed.