[Olsr-dev] Minstrel - was: OLSRd 0.5.4 and 0.5.5 with ETT available

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 14 14:44:16 CET 2008

As a supplement: We also talked about per-packet power control (which is
possible with most wifi drivers but un-implmented or unused). Especially
withing mesh networks. And no - we do not come to a conclusion, but I would
expect something in this context to show up in ath5k/minstrel anyhow.

I personally think, that pwr ctrl is a complicated field - so maybe thats
not worth the hassle or the outcome does not lead to more data throughput in
the field (keyword: cell-breathing). But one never knows...

// Sven-Ola