[Olsr-dev] OLSRd 0.5.4 and 0.5.5 with ETT available

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 13 07:36:43 CET 2008

On Nov 12, 2008, at 9:15 PM, Hannes Gredler wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 05:29:33PM +0100, Erik Tromp wrote:
> | So when can I expect your contribution?
>
> erik,
>
> henning has rewritten the entire link_set & dupset code,
> added infrastructure for plugin based metric calculation,
> was deeply involved as reviewer and tester of some of
> the larger rewrites in the last 12 months and is now
> implementing the parsing engine and update generator for OLSRv2.
> furthermore he has contributed wireshark dissectors for OLSR
> plus all the proprietary message formats.
>

> i would be happy if we would have more developers like him
> contributing good quality code. and yes he has got a day job
> (like we all), too.

ACK!

Maybe it was the mailing list misunderstanding again a bit.
(I read a sense of jokeful cynicism in Hennings original post, not an
attack BTW - we all respect Erik's work!).

Which leads me to the point: Henning and me have been discussing how
to implement ETT/MIC properly for a long time now.
It always boiled down to the problem that we found no nice cross-
plattform way of reading out layer 2 info.
You have two problems here: 1) read (and normalize) values across
different wifi manufacturers and 2) across operating systems.

So if anyone here has a good idea / link on how this can be done in a
nice way, please let us know.
That then can be plugged into Erik's solution or the LQ_Plugin by
Henning.
Otherwise I guess we will just have to start writing drivers for all
combinations (not nice).

best,
a.