[Olsr-dev] LQ-FPM calc

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri May 30 10:09:45 CEST 2008

Am Freitag 30 Mai 2008 08:02:52 schrieb Sven-Ola Tücke:
> Moins,
>
> ok - checked in that change into http://gredler.at/hg/olsrd. Because this
> also changes the "struct default_lq_fpm", this fixes (as a side effect) the
> alignment probs also.
the hello lq-data still contains a 2-byte word for quickstart counting.

> BTW: While poking through lq_plugin_default_float.c, I've noticed that the
> float variant uses the 2 spare zeroed bytes for every hello/tc-neigh packet
> loss count. To keep up options (e.g. for protocol extensions / addition
> info etc, I object not to use those two spare bytes with a good reason).
I tested the use of the other 2 bytes for transmitting 16 bit lq/nlq values in
the float extension. But we can disable this for the final release.

I hope we won't need any kind of protocol extensions until we move to olsrv2.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)