[Olsr-dev] olsrd without link sensing

Giovanni Di Stasi (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 17 09:58:01 CEST 2008

Il Monday 16 June 2008 16:21:14 Henning Rogge ha scritto:
> Am Montag 16 Juni 2008 11:40:26 schrieb Giovanni Di Stasi:
> > Hi,
> > I'm implementing a software for mesh routing and channel assignment.
> > The software consists of a component at layer 2 and a component at layer
> > 3 (olsrd). The component at layer 2 does the actual routing, manages the
> > interfaces making olsrd believe that there is only one interface (whereas
> > in fact, there are usually more). When olsrd send a broadcast message (a
> > HELLO for instance), the component at layer 2 sends the message on all
> > the interfaces.
>
> Do you have an URL to have a look at the code ?

Not yet... we are going to release something as soon as something becomes
usable.

> > Now, I'd like to move the link sensing mechanism from layer 3 to layer 2.
> > In this way olsrd would send TC messages and HNA messages, and the
> > component at layer 2 would send its own HELLO message. So, the problem
> > is: can I completely disable the link sensing mechanism of olsrd (I can
> > add that I don't mind about the MPR)?  Will olsrd continue to send the TC
> > messages and HNA messages? Or do I have to inform olsrd somehow about the
> > links and the neighbors?
>
> No. I think without a link database olsrd would not send TCs with neighbors
> and do no routing calculation.

What if I supply the neighbors, the links and its qualities to olsr via a
plugin? It should work, in theory, shouldn't it?

--
Giovanni Di Stasi, Junior Researcher
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica

Phone:    +39 081 7683821
Fax:      +39 081 7683816
E-mail:   (spam-protected)