[Olsr-dev] olsrd without link sensing

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Jun 16 16:21:14 CEST 2008

Am Montag 16 Juni 2008 11:40:26 schrieb Giovanni Di Stasi:
> Hi,
> I'm implementing a software for mesh routing and channel assignment.
> The software consists of a component at layer 2 and a component at layer 3
> (olsrd). The component at layer 2 does the actual routing, manages the
> interfaces making olsrd believe that there is only one interface (whereas
> in fact, there are usually more). When olsrd send a broadcast message (a
> HELLO for instance), the component at layer 2 sends the message on all the
> interfaces.
Do you have an URL to have a look at the code ?

> Now, I'd like to move the link sensing mechanism from layer 3 to layer 2.
> In this way olsrd would send TC messages and HNA messages, and the
> component at layer 2 would send its own HELLO message. So, the problem is:
> can I completely disable the link sensing mechanism of olsrd (I can add
> that I don't mind about the MPR)?  Will olsrd continue to send the TC
> messages and HNA messages? Or do I have to inform olsrd somehow about the
> links and the neighbors?
No. I think without a link database olsrd would not send TCs with neighbors
and do no routing calculation.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)