[Olsr-dev] Thoughts about an ETX-FF-Metric plugin

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 17 09:29:53 CEST 2008

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik wrote:
> Hannes Gredler wrote:
>> and ... pls no C++ style comments and deleting code rather than commenting out.
>
> You probably already know this, but "//"-comments are not C++ only comments.
> Gcc has supported this type of comments a long time and C99 (the newest C standard) also
> allows "//"-comments now. So this type of comments is equal valid in both C++ and C.
> Just in case someone on this list didn't know this :)
>
> But again, some older (non-gcc) compilers that do not support C99 may complain on these
> comments, so it may be safer to avvoid them if your policy is to support pre-C99 compilers.

the most important point (to me) for not using // stylish comments is that source
re-formatting tools like indent(1) do not support it.
therefore adopting the olsrd codebase to whatever target style is a (manual) pain.

/hannes