[Olsr-dev] 0.5.6-rc5 is out

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Sun Jun 15 21:02:43 CEST 2008

John Hay wrote:
> Ok, I have not found the bug yet, but here are 2 patches to help the
> debugging a bit. The first is to make "HNA Network" timer message
> work and the second is to fix the printf in prefix_to_netmask().

tx, have added it to the dev repository.

> If anyone is interrested, I have left the output of olsrd -nofork -d 3
> at: ftp://ftp2.za.freebsd.org/pub/local/screenlog.0.bz2
>
> It lost a few HNA entries, but not all yet. One to look for is:
> 2001:4200:7000:4

thats interesting data, and i think i know what the bug is:

we only insert the candidate route into the RIB on initial,
reception of a HNA network. now if the TC entry vanishes for some
reason (e.g. timeout) the candidate route is gone, while the
HNA entry is still alive which is not quite right.
so a properly refreshed HNA network never makes its way into
the routing table.

i have put in a little bugfix into the dev-repo which always
attempts to insert candidate routes when a HNA route is received.

http://gredler.at/hg/olsrd/rev/498a02ffe960

/hannes