[Olsr-dev] 0.5.6-rc7 is out

John Hay (spam-protected)
Sun Jul 13 08:39:28 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 12:26:13AM +0200, Hannes Gredler wrote:
> hi,
>
> have merged all bugfixes (specifically hennings ETX metric compatibility fix,
> plus some additional crash protection when the last main-IP gets unconfigured.)
> and tagged tip of tree to 0.5.6-rc7.

I have tried it plus Henning's fix for etx_ff, with and without the line
LinkQualityAlgorithm "etx_ff" on a few boxes in our network. FreeBSD+ipv6.
What I see is that in both cases (with and without etx_ff set) dot_draw
reports bigger values for the links than the previous olsr that ran on
them. It was mostly 0.5.5 or 0.5.4 with the ipv6 patch that went into
0.5.5. I do think that either the calculation is not correct or there
might be some other problem. Maybe it does not like our config. I'll
add it to the end. At the moment the links are pretty idle and I would
expect to see values of 1.00 or maybe a little bigger. Two of the boxes
are connected via 100M ethernet and previously that link would go up
and down in the 1.x range, now it stays above 2.5. There is no packet
loss on it and pretty idle, so I think it should be 1.00?

You can see a pic (updated every 20-30 seconds) at:

http://stats.meraka.csir.co.za/mesh/pta-mesh.html

The boxes that I have updated are: tower1, koppie1, mesh-190b, mesh-190d
and mesh-21cb. The link between tower1 and koppie1 are the ethernet link.
(The link colours are green for a link value between 1 and 2, yellow
from 2 to 5 and red above 5.)

So can it be our config? The idea behind our config was that most of
the links in the "centre" of our network was pretty good and stable, so
olsr should not remove routes too easily.

#############################
LinkQualityAlgorithm "etx_ff"
DebugLevel      0
IpVersion       6
ClearScreen     yes
Hna4
{
}
Hna6
{
}
AllowNoInt      yes
Willingness     7
IpcConnect
{
     MaxConnections  0
     Host            127.0.0.1
}
UseHysteresis   no
HystScaling     0.50
HystThrHigh     0.80
HystThrLow      0.30
LinkQualityLevel        2
LinkQualityWinSize      100
Pollrate        0.05
TcRedundancy    2
MprCoverage     7

LoadPlugin "olsrd_dot_draw.so.0.3"
{
}
Interface "ath0" "ath1" "ath2" "ath3" "npe0"
{
    HelloInterval    2.0
    HelloValidityTime   200.0
    TcInterval        1.0
    TcValidityTime      100.0
    MidInterval 5.0
    MidValidityTime     15.0
    HnaInterval 5.0
    HnaValidityTime     15.0
}

John
--
John Hay -- (spam-protected) / (spam-protected)