[Olsr-dev] Question on tracking changing ETX values across a route

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Jul 11 08:58:04 CEST 2008

Am Freitag 11 Juli 2008 05:33:54 schrieb Taufiqul Kazi:
> Hi guys,
> I'm looking to create a simple plugin that prints the ETX value of all
> hops from the local node to the designated target node in the mesh.  I
> know the olsrd_calc_route function performs an SPF calculation with its
> own cost metrics, but is there a way of exposing the etx values of all
> hops along this best path?
>
> I was thinking of just using the graph algs and structure used in
> lq_route but I wanted to be sure I wasn't just blind and this ability is
> already in the codebase.
>
> Any tips would be appreciated, and as always, thanks in advance.
Have a look at the dot_draw and txtinfo plugin. The first one (in combination
with an external perl/php script) draws a graph of the network on the screen
(could use some work with node distribution on the screen ^^), the other one
outputs all linkcost values for every node in the network.

Maybe it might be a good idea to send a mail to PAtrick Gerber
<(spam-protected)> (look for a mail with "qt" in the title on this list), he
is working on a QT application that displays informations from the olsrd
routing daemon.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)