[Olsr-dev] Routing across multiple interfaces

Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 23 11:57:29 CET 2008

General remark:
dropped routes due to fragmented TC messages were a bug in 0.5.4
same with NLQ=0 (i.e. the ETX was considered 0)
(this seems to have only happened in bigger networks)

please update to the most current version:
http://olsrd.sourceforge.net/hg/olsrd/archive/tip.tar.gz

And do report bugs in 0.5.5 please :)

a.

On Jan 23, 2008, at 11:43 AM, Chiang Kang Tan wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I'm using olsrd-0.5.4 on a 802.11 network of 3 machines, one with
>  two wireless interfaces (on different  wireless channel and subnet):
>     [Node 1]192.168.1.1 <-> 192.168.1.2[Node 2]192.168.2.1 <->
>  192.168.2.2[Node 3]
>     I was expecting olsrd to be able to handle multiple interfaces
> like
what is the netmask? by the way, olsrd works with hoste routes.
the nodes can all be from the same network and in the same netmaks.
Even different interfaces are allowed to be in the same subnet

>  this, i.e. Node 1 is able to send to Node 3 via Node 2. In fact I am
>  able to send from Node 1 to Node 3, but only for the first 5
> seconds or
>  so after all the olsrd daemon on these nodes are started, roughly
>  at the same time. When I check the routing table on Node 1 or Node 3,
>  each of them display a route to each other, via Node 2. But the
> route is
>  then deleted from the routing table. I found out that the route
> entry is deleted due to mismatch in routing tree version.

can you specify what you mean exactly by mismatch in in routing tree
version?

> But the question is why wouldn't the route be added back to the
> kernel routing table again? I'm digging deep to find out why, but
> if anyone knows why this is happening then I'd really appreciate if
> you can help me out. Thank you in advanced.

trying .. :)