[Olsr-dev] Bug in timing out stale TC entries

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Sun Feb 24 17:25:15 CET 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 05:03:17PM +0100, Erik Tromp wrote:

| By the way, according to the next constant I would expect the edges
| to dissapear within 15 seconds:
| /*
|  * Garbage collection time for downed edges
|  */
| #define OLSR_TC_EDGE_GC_TIME (15*1000) /* milliseconds */

thats is right, thats perhaps a bit too aggressive. (i got
good results starting with 2000ms)

| > the reason we are just marking the edge as down and not
| > immediately removing it is b/c of the TC fragmentation bug
| > where a TC message spans across 2 packets. (if we would
| > eliminate all TC edges immediately then you get a whole lot
| > of malloc() churn.
| > b/c a couple of ms later the next packet is being processed
| > and then the tc_edge is reinserted again.
|
| Sounds sensible.
|
| If an edge is marked 'down' in some way or another, it would
| be nice to see that in the debug info.
|
| I guess I'll have to make an update in the bmf code now...

while you are at it - could you add also some code to display
the flags when displaying the topology set.

tx,

/hannes