[Olsr-dev] Bug in function olsr_tc_update_edge ?

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 19 10:09:21 CET 2008

Henning Rogge wrote:
> Am Montag 18 Februar 2008 23:39:08 schrieb Hannes Gredler:
>> hi eric,
>>
>> your observation is correct, now asking what is the right fix ?
>>
>> we are getting in the waters of system design here.
>>
>> the more interesting question to ask is why does a node
>> emit a less than 10 percent change and flood the TC throughout
>> the network in spite that everyone will not trigger a SPF
>> calculation ?
>>
>> IMO the right thing to do, sender should hold-back the information
>> locally and once the change is significant enough, flood it
 >
> If we do this we have problems with new nodes... if nodes hold their TCs back
> until a significant change, new nodes will not know this node until it
> release a TC.

i'd like to decouple the two issues.

the first is a correctness issue and the second (new node starting up) can
be fixed by a periodic resync of the TC DB using a protocol extension called "CSN",
that i want to implement in the 0.5.6-0.5.7 time frame.

/hannes