[Olsr-dev] Bug in function olsr_tc_update_edge ?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 19 07:28:46 CET 2008

Am Montag 18 Februar 2008 23:39:08 schrieb Hannes Gredler:
> hi eric,
>
> your observation is correct, now asking what is the right fix ?
>
> we are getting in the waters of system design here.
>
> the more interesting question to ask is why does a node
> emit a less than 10 percent change and flood the TC throughout
> the network in spite that everyone will not trigger a SPF
> calculation ?
>
> IMO the right thing to do, sender should hold-back the information
> locally and once the change is significant enough, flood it
If we do this we have problems with new nodes... if nodes hold their TCs back
until a significant change, new nodes will not know this node until it
release a TC.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)