[Olsr-dev] olsrd web of trust plug-in

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Dec 22 13:12:48 CET 2008

On Montag 22 Dezember 2008 12:16:03 (spam-protected) wrote:
> Hi to everybody.
> I just wanted to tell you that I have developed an olsrd plug-in,
> based on the secure plug-in, that uses PGP (GnuPG) to sign OLSR
> packets, and adds routing table entries to different routing tables on
> a trust basis.
>
> The documentation (i.e. my thesis) and the source code can be found here:
> http://hg.ninux.org/olsrd-ninux-messy/
> http://hg.ninux.org/olsrd-ninux-messy/browser/lib/wot
I will look at it, we have played with this idea at work too...

> It is still in an experimental stage, but I (or somebody here at my
> university and/or in ninux.org) will be working on it on the following
> months.
I hope you know that doing a single 1024 Bit RSA encryption operation will
take many milliseconds on embedded hardware. According to my measurements you
can do ~70 encryptions per second on a Nokia N810 (which has a 400 Mhz CPU)
and ~200 decryptions.

Unless you plan to use desktop CPUs you will be limited to very small
networks...