[Olsr-dev] [Olsr-users] Insert routes into multiple tables

Juliusz Chroboczek (spam-protected)
Thu Dec 4 23:40:10 CET 2008

> I wouldn't go throwing stones at Shorewall or it's devs because they try
> to make a product that allows people to do things that OLSR can't do
> and/or can't cope with.  ;^)

Ehm... some misunderstanding here.  Perhaps we're not speaking of the same
piece of software?

The Shorewall that I'm speaking about is a firewall configuration tool.  As
such, it is designed to manage the kernel's packet filtering tables.

The olsrd that I'm speaking about is a routing daemon.  As such, it is
designed to manage the kernel's routing tables.

If I sound like I am throwing stones, that is merely because I don't
understand why a firewall configuration tool should be maintaining routing
tables.

                                        Juliusz