[Olsr-dev] question on: LinkQualityMult

h2o-post (spam-protected)
Fri Aug 15 16:10:01 CEST 2008

Hi OLSR crew,

Since some days I use the olsrd-0.5.6-rc7. The LinkQualityMult parameter is
handled differently compared to olsrd-0.5.5 which makes some troubles for me
and I want to know if that is by design or not.

In olsrd-0.5.5 the LinkQualityMult parameter was uses as a factor to
multiply the LQ value with.

I used a LinkQualityMult factor of 100 to get the
ETX=1(LQ*LinkQualityMult*NLQ) < 1 .. which leads to an always preferred
route.

With the olsrd-0.5.6-rc7 a LinkQualityMult value of 100 leads to a very low
LQ . and therfor a very high ETX .

Is the LinkQualityMult somehow different implemented from been a simple
multiplicator in the current OLSRD ? Or are there some range checks done
before to limit this LinkQualitiyMult to a certain range ?

Ps: As a workaround I could set the default LinkQualityMult to 0.5 and the
one I would prefer to IP:1 .. but I would like the other way around to just
artificially decrease dedicated ETX, not the whole mesh instead.

Thank Thomas