[Olsr-dev] Setting LinkQualityMult in an interface section behaves globally

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 17 12:20:36 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag 17 April 2008 10:38:57 schrieb Mitar:
> Hi!
>
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> >  But it only changes the loss-link multiplier, which is not being used in
> > my code at the moment.
> >
> >  So this seems to be a bug, but it's not "our" bug. Thank you for looking
> > for this.
>
> I do not understand this. How is not our bug? I have a problem that
> the LinkQualityMult is used based on the IP and not the interface. And
> this line tells from where in the configuration it gets the
> LinkQualityMult. And it does it by IP address. It should do it by
> interface.
Okay, bad choice of words on my side.

You found a bug...
I think it's not the bug which cause the problem Hannes mentioned.

But we will test it...

> I checked (at least in 0.5.3, and now I am checking repository
> version) in the code and the entry->if_name is set in add_link_entry
> at line 547 (link_set.c) at "if (local_if->int_name)". But local_if
> has int_name set through many calls (update_link_entry,
> olsr_hello_tap, olsr_input_hello, parse_packet) in olsr_input at line
> 438 (parser.c) at "if ((olsr_in_if = if_ifwithsock(fd)) == NULL)".
>
> Maybe I do not undserstand what are those new changes you are making
> but I hope LinkQualityMult will stay? Or there will be something
> equivalent?
I'm writing a plugin system for routing metrics so we can get from ETX to ETT
and better metrics. Metrics that run a mesh network without administrating
links by hand.

LinkQualityMult will come back I think, but it has a low priority.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)