[Olsr-dev] Setting LinkQualityMult in an interface section behaves globally

Mitar (spam-protected)
Sat Apr 12 03:30:21 CEST 2008

Hi!

I think I found a bug. On both 0.5.3 and 0.5.5 if I have configuration like:

Interface "ath0:0"
{
}
Interface "tap0"
{
LinkQualityMult default 0.07
}

And I would like that routes through VPN would be weighted as worse as
they really are. But the problem is that such configuration sets
LinkQualityMult to 0.07 also on ath0:0 interface. Even if I explicitly
specify LinkQualityMult default 1.0 there.

It is interesting that if I exchange sections then it is again the
last one which counts (that is 1.0). And because I have configured
OLSR to work even if there is no interface, if I run it without VPN
tunnel (thus tap0 section is not active) LinkQualityMult seems to be
1.0. If I create VPN tunnel, LinkQualityMult seems to change to 0.07.

I understand that this is a bug which somehow somewhere overwrites
also other values. Could this be patched? I have checked the source
code but I got lost in it.

Best regards

Mitar