[Olsr-dev] Removing default route after program termination

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Thu Oct 11 11:58:24 CEST 2007

Ah - please allow some more sentences. To bring some enlightment to the DAA
(Dumbest Admin Avail), I remember once I simply announced Inet via a couple
of HNA entries (requires some binary math). Example: Your mesh uses
10.x.x.x, then a rock solid default route annoucement is by these HNA
entries:

HNA 0.0.0.0/5
HNA 8.0.0.0/7
HNA 11.0.0.0/8
HNA 12.0.0.0/6
HNA 16.0.0.0/4
HNA 32.0.0.0/3
HNA 64.0.0.0/2
HNA 128.0.0.0/1

Which will overwrite any default route you configure <ggg>

// Sven-Ola

""Sven-Ola Tuecke"" <(spam-protected)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Mitar,
>
> this is the "I want my internet for me" case. Not possible without policy
> routing (which I dont know how to implement with BSD). *With* policy
> routing
> it's easy - just have 2 routing tables (one for the OLSR-Public and one
> for
> you).
>
> * Note: To ensure others have a useable default route, you cannot roll
> your
> own but refuse to HNA. Only works, if you do not forward IP traffic
> either.
> Which is useless until you are definitely an end point. These are your
> alternatives:
>
> a) Use other (OLSR-Announced) GW (default point to other mesh node)
> b) Offer GW to others (default points to your GW)
> c) Use policy routing to distinguish. Use Linux + RtTable and all is fine
>
> // Sven-Ola
>
> "Mitar" <(spam-protected)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Hi!
>>
>>> We can deciced by examing the HNA 0/0 situation. If the BSD announces
>>> HNA
>>> 0/0 (either by manual config entry or by dyngw/dyngwplain, it's scenario