[Olsr-dev] Removing default route after program termination

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Thu Oct 11 10:40:12 CEST 2007

Hi Mitar,

this is the "I want my internet for me" case. Not possible without policy
routing (which I dont know how to implement with BSD). *With* policy routing
it's easy - just have 2 routing tables (one for the OLSR-Public and one for
you).

* Note: To ensure others have a useable default route, you cannot roll your
own but refuse to HNA. Only works, if you do not forward IP traffic either.
Which is useless until you are definitely an end point. These are your
alternatives:

a) Use other (OLSR-Announced) GW (default point to other mesh node)
b) Offer GW to others (default points to your GW)
c) Use policy routing to distinguish. Use Linux + RtTable and all is fine

// Sven-Ola