[Olsr-dev] Removing default route after program termination

John Hay (spam-protected)
Wed Oct 10 15:31:40 CEST 2007

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 02:48:27PM +0200, Mitar wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 10/10/07, Bernd Petrovitsch <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> > Short: I had (on a stock Linux kernel) no problems with > 1 default
> > route.
>
> I can second that. I also have good (working) cases of Linux based
> nodes with VPN and Internet uplink working nicely together with OLSR.
> But on Linux you can declare multiple default gateways (with different
> metrics). On Mac OS X this is something nonexistent (if I understood
> things correctly).

It is nonexistent on FreeBSD also. I think the thinking is that an app
(like a routing daemon) is much better at deciding when to use what,
than the kernel can.

John
--
John Hay -- (spam-protected) / (spam-protected)