[Olsr-dev] OLSR on WinCE

Denis Martin (spam-protected)
Mon May 28 20:22:16 CEST 2007

Hello,

there were several posts about the WinCE port of OLSR, so I think I should
mention that I managed to get it working:

As cross-compiler, I used CeGCC, a free GCC based PocketPC compiler for
ARM available at http://cegcc.sourceforge.net/
It uses a small wrapper-dll to provide some UNIX style compatibility (a
bit similar to cygwin). Under Windows, you'll need cygwin in order to run
the compiler/make system.

Additionally, there were some changes/fixes necessary (e.g. some strings
needed to be 16-bit strings for LoadLibrary etc). Also some Makefiles
needed to be adopted for the wince target.

The complete source for version 0.5.0 with all my changes is available at
http://www.delta-my.de/devel/olsrd-0.5.0-wince.tar.gz
(type 'make OS=wince' to compile it).

Some binaries can be found here:
http://www.delta-my.de/devel/olsrd-0.5.0-wince-bin.tar.gz

This version has been tested on a PocketPC and Smartphone 2003 Emulator
and seems to work with a i386-Linux version of OLSR (using a virtual
network adaptor on the emulator).

Feel free to incorporate any of my changes to the main OLSR tree (I'm
sorry that I cannot do it myself, since I'm somewhat thin on time at the
moment).

Hope, that helps a bit ;)

Greets
Denis