[Olsr-dev] Multi-threaded plugin - access to olsrd data structures

Gianni Costanzi (spam-protected)
Mon May 21 14:01:01 CEST 2007

On 5/21/07, Bernd Petrovitsch <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 11:44 +0200, Gianni Costanzi wrote:
> > should not be any problem, apart from being sure that the target
> > machine supports the pthread library, or am I wrong?
>
> Yes, you are not wrong.
> And you should be aware that there is no locking od concurrent access
> whatsoever in the daemon AFAICS.

Uh,,, this is quite bad for me.. I thought that there was some sort of
locking mechanism (but being olsrd single-threaded now, it is
unnecessary).. to protect data structures in case of concurrent
accesses.. I'd like to be able to safely read the HNA information from
within the thread started by my plugin without touching the olsrd core
code..

BTW, thank you for your answer :)