[Olsr-dev] Package availability was Re: [Olsr-announce] olsrd-0.5.1 released

Holger Levsen (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 10 10:07:55 CEST 2007

Hi Kim,

On Tuesday 10 July 2007 02:57, Kim Hawtin wrote:
> It builds cleanly on Ubuntu/Feisty, I'm happy to package it and upload it.
> If you could shoot me the howto &/| build files I'll package it for Debian
> too.

The debian and ubuntu packaging is very similar, it uses the same build system
and tools, just the packages differ a bit. But for olsrd I almost expect the
same package to work.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/ and
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ are good starting
points if you want to learn how to package.

That said, "apt-get source olsrd ; cd olsrd-0.4.10 ; less debian/*" on a
debian unstable system/chroot is another good starter. Another good one
is "./debian/rules binary".

I have added some patches to the 0.4 package which mostly can be removed (as
they are part of 0.5.1 now), also I made some other minor changes (mostly in
respect to FHS and shipping the plugins READMEs iirc), which I want to
check/remove and report upstream if still needed (=here :)

If you have a package ready, please gimme a link :)

regards,
	Holger (who is sorry for having no time atm. At latest in a month at the
cccamp I'll find^wtake the time for this.)