[Olsr-dev] Seeking comments: OLSR+ETX v/s DSR+ETX
Wed Dec 19 14:20:41 CET 2007
Sven-Ola Tuecke wrote:
> For ETT we need a round trip time to calculate. To measure/evaluate the RTT
> difference between large and small packets. So basically, you will send out
> a packet and listen for the answer, checking the time.
the response part does not reflect my understanding. -
what i am envisioning is:
1. a unicast small packet plus a unicast large packet.
2. both packets shall carry timestamps and be sequence
3. based on the arrival time the receiver can calculate the
4. attach that rx-bandwidth to a neighbor advertisement
in a new TBD OLSRDv2 TLV
5. during SPF calculation the average bandwidth between
a pair of neighbors is computed. the inverse
average bandwidth is multiplied with ETX.
More information about the Olsr-dev