[olsr-dev] quetion about dev plugin

Siamak Eskandari (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 5 11:32:00 CEST 2007

Hi folks,

I am trying to make a plugin for test of olsrd. In documentations of plugins (HOWTO) I found that if you want to make a new plugin you must use unik-olsrd-0.x.x. Am I right?

I have gone through the source codes of both olsrd and plugin (example). At start up and after loading of plugin, some data and functions will be registred in the plugin. This is a data structure called "olsr_plugin_data". This structure contains to data and one io function called olsr_plugin_io. Through this function the plugin can fetch data and functions from olsrd.

This structure has been used from "register_olsrd_data" function and this function invokes from "plugin_loader.c" source file.

My question is that this function, "register_olsrd_data" exists in the codes of unik-olsrd-0.x.x and not in codes of olsr-0.x.x. WHY? "register_olsrd_data" does not exist in "plugin_loader.c" file of olsr-0.4.x.
Is it possible to develop a plugin under olsr-0.x.x?

Sorry about those questions, I am new at this area.

Regards,
Siamak

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front