[olsr-dev] Limits on Interfaces

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 16 00:10:50 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 22:09 +0100, Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> We have in Vienna an openvpn server and encountered a simply terminating
> olsrd while adding the 17th interface (all in IPv4 world).
>
> Looking in the source, there is a statically defined buffer for 16
> interfaces (in src/net_olsr.c) and the limit is actually never checked.
>
> I'm fixing this right now (not really the limit checking but some way of
> allocating it dynamically and removing the compile-time limit).

Done.
I comitted the following patch into the CVS already.
It works on my home node.
And I very probably broke the Windows port: I couldn't figure out if and
where to initialize the struct netbuf in win32/ifnet.c similar to the
Unix version in unix/ifnet.c.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services