[olsr-dev] Patch to make Makefile respect DESTDIR

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 8 14:48:17 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 12:42 +0100, Roar Bjørgum Rotvik wrote:
> Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 08:22 +0100, Roar Bjørgum Rotvik wrote:
[...]
> >> I don't think it will be a problem for the RPM package, just a small change.
> >
> > Yup.
> > But e.g. "rpm" changed one mandatory header field from "Copyright" to
> > "License" so everyother .src.rpm I try to `rpm --rebuild` needs ATM `rpm
> > -i; $EDITOR .spec; rpm -ba .spec` just to fix that.
>
> But what has this header option in the spec file have to do with the change from
> INSTALL_PREFIX to DESTDIR? :)

You can't use an (unpatched) old .spec file with newer .tar.gz.
Which is not really a problem if we put it in the CVS.

[...]
> At least rpmbuild supports building from .tar file if it can find a spec file inside the
> tar file.
> I have not tested this yet so I don't know exactly where inside the tar file rpmbuild look
> for a .spec file, but I think it look in the root folder for a file named olsrd.spec if
> the tar file is named olsrd-0.4.10.tar.gz.

Yes, we/I must try if it works in a sane way (read: without copying
around).

> In this case "rpmbuild -ta olsrd-0.4.10.tar.gz" would find the spec file inside and build
> a RPM file that is placed in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/ (default while building as root on
> Red Hat or Fedora).
>
> If rpmbuild supports looking for the .spec file in other locations inside the tar file
> (like under a directory named rpm/ or so) that would be nice, but I guess we could place
> the rpm .spec file in the top level source directory to support rpmbuild from tar file.
> Or at least place the .spec file in the top level directory while creating a tar file for
> release if we place the .spec file another place in the source tree.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services